Tremendous things from 02.05.09:
- The entire Queen “Greatest Hits” album followed directly by Dvorak’s “Symphony No. 9 (From the New World)” at Dunn Bros. this morning. No finer way to enjoy a latte.
- Plain whole milk yogurt topped with blood orange segments, Perugina dark chocolate chunks and toasted, chopped hazelnuts. I don’t get into the food holidays, but World Nutella Day? There’s a reason to celebrate. I’d wager Gianduja is more luxe, although Nutella is nothing to scoff at. Warm-from-the-oven Brötchen and Nutella for breakfast in Germany, and cooing over a Nutella and banana crêpe at le Tour Eiffel makes a lasting impression on a sixteen-year-old girl. Alas, no Nutella. Improv! A heavenly mid-afternoon pick-me-up.
- Anne Mendelson’s Milk. Not only do I have more desire to own goats and produce chèvre, I now want a Jersey cow for fresh milk and cream, and because they have those big, beautiful doe eyes. I want to make my own clotted cream, yogurt, buttermilk, sour cream, cream cheese, ricotta, mascarpone, farmer’s cheese, quark…
- Thursday Night Smackdown’s Liveblogging Top Chef. For those of us without cable, yet still obsessed and requiring our weekly Top Chef fix. Many thanks to you, Michelle. [Sidenote: Eric Ripert… SWOON.]
- A pizza for supper: rosemary and olive oil-roasted grape tomatoes, red onion, mozzarella and an egg atop pesto-slathered homemade flatbread. Everything is better with an egg. Yolk oozing all over the plate, to be sopped up with the crust. So indulgent. I wiped the plate clean with my finger. And licked the knife.
In a blissful state of satiety, goodnight!